10 Pearls of Longevity
With Good Health & Happiness
by Mohsin Jaffer, MD
Senior Medical Associates
- Have a positive attitude at all times. Nobody can make you unhappy without your permission.
- Exercise daily. Walk two miles daily or perform an equivalent exercise. Your body needs you to walk 10,000 steps daily. Include weight training in your routine. It keeps your body young and strong.
- Manage your weight. Obesity is very detrimental to your entire body. Excessive calorie intake and a sedentary lifestyle are the main culprits to weight gain and ill health.
- Maintain a healthy diet. Include a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, and high fiber foods. Do not overeat! Brush your teeth after every meal. Drink plenty of water. Your urine should be clear and not yellow.
- Don’t worry. Reduce stress. meditate and relax more. Prayers help immensely. Be charitable and compassionate in all your dealings with everyone.
- Refrain from smoking, alcohol, stimulants and unnecessary drug use. Your health is a precious gift. Guard it with disease prevention and early intervention.
- Take multi-vitamins daily and vitamin D supplements, especially women. Get at least 8 hours of sleep daily.
- Laugh a lot. Enjoy your family, friends, and intimacy with your spouse. Be passionate and loving. Live in the moment.
- Have faith. Be spiritual and thankful for all the parts of life. Stop worrying and start living. Forgive and forget easily.
- Make every day the best day of your life. Make a difference daily. Perform at least one good deed a day.
Remember to care about yourself.
Don’t stress yourself.
Dr. Jaffer is the founder of Senior Medical Associates. For more information, go to seniormedicalassociates.net