By Janice Thomas, Chef Extraordinaire
• Eight 6-7 ounce salmon fillets
• 1-1/2 cup Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
• 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped finely
• 1/2 cup dried cherries, finely chopped
• 3 tbsp finely chopped green onion
• 6 tbsp butter, melted
• 3 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
• 3 tbsp lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Brush olive oil on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle
salmon with salt and pepper. Place skin side down on sheet (if you
have skinless fillets, you can coat both sides.
3. Combine Panko, pistachios, dried cherries, onion, 3 tablespoons
melted butter, thyme, and lemon zest in medium bowl, blend well.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Spoon herbed crumbs onto salmon, dividing equally. Press to adhere.
6. Drizzle with remaining melted butter.
7. Bake until topping is golden and salmon is just opaque in center,
about 20 minutes.